THIS is the moment alleged Colombian mercenaries accused of killing Haiti’s President were hauled through the streets bloody and beaten after being captured by a mob.
Jovenel Moïse was gunned down at his home on Wednesday and cops say 26 Colombians and two US citizens were involved in the early hours raid.
Alleged Colombian mercenaries were hauled through the streets bloody and beaten
They were bound by rope and shoved through the slums of Port-au-Prince after being captured by a mob
AFPThey are accused of assassinating Haiti’s President, Jovenel Moïse[/caption]
Shocking footage shows the moment alleged ex-military mercenaries were dragged through the crowded slums of Port-au-Prince after being seized.
In one clip, one of the accused can be seen shirtless and dripping with blood as furious onlookers shout and scream.
He appears to make a comment and wave his arms.
A second video shows the same man bound by rope to another as they are pushed and shoved along by the mob.
It comes after two alleged US mercenaries were paraded by Haitan cops in front of the media after they were arrested over the assassination.
Police displayed passports, guns, and tools during the media parade.
Reuters‘Mercenaries’ James Solages and Joseph Vincent were paraded in front of the media on Thursday[/caption]
ReutersPassports, tools, and other items were shown to reporters at the briefing[/caption]
Solages, who lives in Fort Lauderdale, describes himself as a “certified diplomatic agent,” and budding politician on a website for a charity he established in 2019 in south Florida.
On his bio page for the charity, he said he previously worked as a bodyguard at the Canadian Embassy in Haiti.
On his LinkedIn profile, under “skills” he listed: “Military Police.”
Meanwhile, Vincent lives in the Miami area.
The US State Department said it was aware of reports that Haitian-Americans were in custody but could not confirm or comment.
Haitian police Léon Charles said: “Foreigners came to our country to kill the president. There were 26 Colombians, identified by their passports, and two Haitian Americans as well.
“We are going to bring them to justice.”
Three of the alleged suspects were killed and eight reportedly remain on the run.
GettyA crowd set fire to several abandoned cars riddled with bullet holes that they believed belonged to the suspects[/caption]
GettyThe First Lady, Martine Moïse, is fighting for her life after being shot multiple times in the attack[/caption]
Cars were set alight by locals after a firefight between cops and the suspected assassins.
Crowds gathered near a police station in Petion-Ville on Thursday and torched several vehicles they presumed were used by the alleged gunmen.
Youngsters were pictured searching for metal pieces from the wreckage.
Charles warned that people should stay calm as he warned they were potentially destroying evidence.
Cops have not yet found a motive for the killing.
The former head of state was found laying on his back with 12 large wounds and one eye “gouged out” following the armed assault on his home at 1am local time on Wednesday, magistrate Carl Henry Destin told local media.
Most read in News
Destin said a maid and a boy on duty were tied up by a group of armed commandos who shouted “DEA operation” as they entered the property.
The gunmen, who Haitian officials claim are “foreign mercenaries” who spoke a mix of Spanish and English with an American accent, ransacked the president’s office and bedroom.
The First Lady, Martine Moïse, is fighting for her life after being shot multiple times in the attack.